MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Animal Shelter Volunteers


 
Our kids are still too young to really volunteer at the animal shelter, but they love animals and they want to help.  They helped to organize a service project, where children decorated cat toys to give to cats at the animal shelter.  When we went to donate the toys, the kids got to play with the kittens and dogs for almost an hour.  It was like Christmas for the kids - they had soooo much fun!  They were so excited to spend time with the animals that don't yet have a home.  They are already asking when they can go back!
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

What a great idea! I think it's helpful on both sides. :)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home