Monday, June 15, 2015
Magic Milk Shakes (no milk/ice cream, but tastes like Frosties)
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it makes yummy 'frosties'!
· 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
· 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
· 2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purposes
Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4's full. Place the lid on. Process for a full 2 minutes. Pour into cups and serve. Makes 4 - 12oz servings.
· Add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha shake
· Add 1 very ripe banana for a chocolate banana shake
· Add a big spoonful of peanut butter for a decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake.
· Add a few broken red and white candy mints for a refreshing Chocolate Mint shake.
· To make Vanilla Milk Shakes, omit the cocoa powder, reduce the sugar to 1/2-cup and add 1 tablespoon (yes a full tablespoon) of vanilla flavoring. For a french vanilla milk shake crack in an egg too.
at 8:31 PM