MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, May 01, 2006

One of Nashville's Best Kept Secrets

One of Nashville's best kept secrets is Ellington Agricultural Center! It's convenient (5 minutes from I-65 and Harding Place), clean, safe and quiet.

We often take neighborhood walks to the barns, where the Metro Police horses are stabled. As long as you don't feed the horses, they welcome visitors to come and visit with the animals. They also have random chickens and roosters that wander around the barn.

They have an agricultural museum (free) that's open 9am-4pm weekdays. They have Summer Saturdays filled with hands-on activities about farm and animal life (again, free!). They have a beautiful Iris Garden that's great for family pictures. And they have festivals throughout the year.

We just recently discovered their forest trail, that runs around the perimeter of the property. I took the jogging stroller & let my 4-year old walk beside me. The path ranges from wood chips to grass to small gravel, so it's very friendly to a jogging stroller. The trail takes you through wooded areas, open fields and along creekbanks. It's an absolute treasure in the middle of Nashville!

Happy exploring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I think my son can name every agricultural implement in the museum. It's one of our favorites. He loves the bees, I like the little kitchen.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home