MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

On the Cheap

I have learned so much about Nashville frugality by reading Ms. Cheap from the Tennessean. Here is a summary of the questions she is asked most frequently. If you live in middle Tennessee, you need to peruse this article! Here are some of my favorites from her list:

Where can you get low-cost haircuts, pedicures, manicures, facials and other services?
Where can you get a cheap massage?
Where can you get cheap mulch?
Where can you get lower-cost dental services?
Ms. Cheap do you have a list of all of the thrift stores in our area?

If you don't live in middle Tennessee, check with your local paper to see if there is a "Ms. Cheap" writer on their staff. You never know what you'll learn!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I have heard so much about this columnist. That is awesome that your area does that. I don't get to share through our paper, but do the news segments and it is so great to get info like that out into the community.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried the Angel Food Ministry box of food for $30? It says no income requirement and you pick it up yourself. THought?

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home