MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Helping Children Enjoy Reading

Maile Carpenter has posted some really good articles on pre-reading and reading at BabyCenter.com. Here are some of her posts that I enjoyed tonight:

Fun activities for pre-readers
Fun activities for advanced readers (grades 2 to 3)
The visual learner (grades 1 to 3)
Fun activities for intermediate readers (grades 1 to 2)

Susan Ragsdale and I also wrote a handbook called Reading for Life that outlines 64 great picture books for preschool children, including a summary of each book and prompts that help caregivers use the books to explore Developmental Assets, such as Positive Identity, Empowerment, Constructive Use of Time, Commitment to Learning... If you would like a free copy of the book, just email me at mommysecretsblog(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home