MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Candles or Darkness? You Have the Power to Make Change

“It's better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness” (Confucius)

It's so easy to complain. Think about the complaints you've made or heard today. Negative words about children, spouses, houses, weather, body image, colleagues, food...

Why are we so quick to complain? It rarely improves a situations, and often it propels negativity to make things worse than they were to begin with.

Instead of succombing to the temptation to complain, use that energy to start making a situation better. What is one small thing you can do to improve the situation?

  • If you're overwhelmed by housework, pick one room that you can make better today.
  • If it's noncommunicative teens that 'push your buttons', look for a way to find common ground with them.
  • If you're frustrated with your body image, get out and walk around the block with your kids.
  • If you are always complaining about not having quality time with your spouse, plan an at-home date this week.

You have the power to make your world a brighter place. Silence idle complaints & start lighting candles today!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home