MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mom's Best BBQ

This is the BBQ recipe mom makes when we go home. It's an easy dish to serve a lot of people. And because it's a crockpot meal, you can do the minimal preparation ahead of time.

5lb pork shoulder
1/2t cayenne pepper
1t ground pepper
1 1/8t garlic powder
1T onion powder
2T chili powder
2t salt
2c BBQ sauce
3c beef broth
12 hamburger buns

Rinse pork and pat dry.
Mix all dry ingredients together and rub into the pork.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-12 hours.
Cook in crockpot on low for 10 hours.
Shred the pork (discard fat); then stir in BBQ Sauce and beef broth.
Cook two more hours then serve on buns.
For a southern twist, add cole slaw or tomatoes to the buns.

You can also put half the BBQ in the freezer to use later, or put some in tupperware to share with a friend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home