MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Favorite Side Dish - Hot Corn

My mom often makes this hot corn dish to take to potluck dinners. It is always eaten completely and people always ask for the recipe. So I'm taking it to a baseball team celebration tonight - my DH & I can't wait to eat it!
---------

Hot Corn

1 cup butter
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (one regular, one low-fat)
1/2 cup milk
4 (15oz) cans corn, drained
12oz chiles, drained and diced
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

In a 9x13 inch pyrex dish combine corn and chiles.
Melt butter, cream cheese and milk in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until smooth, then pour mixture over corn.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

My sister makes this same recipe without the chiles - mmmmmmm...so good!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home