MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Great Gear for Pretend Play

Education.com just posted a cool article titled Great Gear for Pretend Play.  It's full of ideas for household objects that promote pretend play.  They are divided into three areas:  cooking time, mail call, and dress to impress.  My kiddos will love these ideas!

It reminded me of our family trip to the Customs House Museum a few weeks ago.  They have so many great interactive exhibits for kids, but my children's favorite was the grocery store.  A brightly painted room with grocery carts, cash registers, shelves/bins/baskets with food, and a kitchen area.  My kids played in there for 45 minutes, and have been asking to go back!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home