MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Helping Chilren Realize Their Selfishness


I've been watching my friend Erin as she teaches her four little girls to resolve conflicts.

When one child does something mean to another child, such as taking away a toy, or acting rudely during playtime, Erin approaches the child in a calm voice with a simple statement. "Dear child, why has this toy become more important than your sister today?" Or "Little one, why is winning more important than your relationship with your brother today?"

I love the simplicity of helping your child realize their selfish nature and remember the value of people over things. Now if I can just remember to use this strategy with my own children in the heat of complex! Isn't it great to learn from each other? I'm so grateful for my mommy friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home