MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Dinner Tonight - White Chicken Chili

My old neighbor shared this recipe with me, and I've been tweaking it over the years.  It's a favorite of my family, and we love to double the recipe to share.  Tonight, we're making for 2 friends with cute new babies!

White Chicken Chili

 

1 onion – chopped

2 cloves fresh garlic (finely chopped)

Small can jalapenos or chiles

2T oil (to sauté onions)

1 stick butter (1/4 lb)

8 oz cream cheese (soften and/or cube so it melts and mixes easy)

2 C milk

2 C chicken broth

3T flour

~ 1 t ground cumin

~  1 t ground ginger

~ 1 t oregano leaves

cayenne pepper sauce

salt & white pepper

3 cans white beans

1 rotisserie chicken, pull off and shred 

8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (white sharp cheddar if desired)

 

Directions

Saute onions, garlic and jalapenos in small pan until tender – set aside

In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cream cheese, then add chicken broth and milk.  Whisk ‘til smooth.  Add spices and flour, then whisk ‘til smooth.  Add grated cheese and whisk ‘til smooth.

Add all ingredients to saucepan or crockpot– it’s ready, but it gets better if you have time to let it stand …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home