MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Prayers for Young Readers

My kids are avid readers, so our family does a lot selecting books to read.  If your school pushes reading like ours does, your children probably read a lot too.  But the content of young adult books is not always wise for even adult Christians to read because of the sensual and sexual story lines and images.  I hate that - because in SO many cases, a book would be just as good without the sinful content!!

I've talked many times with teenage son about being smart about reading choices, but honestly never thought to ask him to pray about it.  Duh!  So here's a prayer to teach your children and a protective prayer to pray over your them...  

Joel Beeke:  “Before I read anything, I pray that the Lord would give to me the grace to discern whether or not I should spend time reading this particular book.
Blessings,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home