MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, March 06, 2017

Tennessee

I asked my students to write poems about their home state of Tennessee today, and when I realized they were struggling, I decided to write one with them.

From the trickling creeks to the raging rivers,
From the mountain peaks to the valleys below,
From the rolling hills to the acres of lush farmland,
From the sprinkling rain to the lashing thunderstorms,
From the thick forests to the wide open spaces,
From the city delights to the peace of the quaint countryside,
From skyscrapers to tiny cabins,
From vibrant green leaves to a blanket of colorful leaves,
From the winter snows to the summer warmth,
This is the land I love,
Filled with the people I love.
I’m grateful to call this beautiful Tennessee home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home