MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Free Family Activities

Nashville Parent Magazine keeps a great calendar of middle Tennessee activities. I checked it for social outings, even before I had children! They've started a new service online and in their magazine - they highlight all the free activities in the calendar, so it's easy to scan! Here's a sampling of this week's activities:

Art Making in the Grand Lobby All ages can drop in and create your their own Impressionist-inspired landscapes by using oil pastels on matboard at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts, 919 Broadway, Nashville; Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; free; 244-3340 or fristcenter.org.
Cinco de Mayo Party Kids can enjoy games, crafts and festive snacks at the Edmondson Pike Branch Library, 5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville; Friday 4:30 p.m.; free; 880-3957.

TACA Spring Craft Fair This 35th annual event offers shoppers the opportunity to meet and talk with exhibiting artists, enjoy live entertainment, visit special exhibits and demonstrations, purchase a wide variety of handcrafted works and more at Centennial Park, 2500 West End Ave., Nashville; Fri and Sat 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; free; 385-1904 or tennesseecrafts.org.

American Girl Activity Hour Enjoy stories and activities featuring the American Girls at Borders, 545 Cool Springs Blvd., Franklin; Saturday 11 a.m.; free; 771-2870 or bordersstores.com.

Saddle Up! Super Show Enjoy this horse show for riders from therapeutic riding programs at Saddle Up!, 1549 Old Hillsboro Road, Franklin; Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; free; 794-1150, ext. 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home