MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Social Justice in Pictures
From Aimee

We read a picture book for school today called "Song for Lena". It emphasized our family's desire to teach our kids about giving to the poor.

In summary: the grandmother tells her daughter the story of when she was little and they did not have much money and the family was making apple strudel. A homeless man comes along and asks for bread, and even though they don't have much themselves the mom says "I bet he gets a lot of bread, let's give him apple strudel today". (I love that they give him even more than he asks for). The man plays a beautiful song and comes back each year for strudel and plays the same song. There is a recipe for strudel at the end. It's good for 4 yrs old and up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home