MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rest Time

We've started something new for my 5 year old's rest time. I've been renting audio books from the library, and letting him listen to 1-2 CDs during naptime. So far, we've listened to several of the Henry Huggins books and the Frog and Toad books. My son LOVES them! If you have favorite books-on-tape for this age group, I'd love to hear them.

Educational, fun and free - that's always good, right? :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again! My son who's 6 & daughter(just turned 5) both listen to cd's/tapes during rest time. The only thing is they didnt come from the library but they were given to us as gifts at Christmas. Actually we did purchase some but it was with birthday money given to the children.

Anyway, they listen to The Pond series through Tommy Nelson(a division of Thomas Nelson, on Elm Hill Pike/Donelson Pike) also the Your Story Hour series. They really enjoy both & there's one other one but I cant think of the name of it right now. I'll try to check the title of that series & get back with you.

I also wanted to make sure that you saw my comment on your previous post introducing myself:-)

I hope you've had a great week so far. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

Rosie(another TN mom!)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I hadn't thought about rest time, but audio books save my sanity in the car!

We started with the Magic Treehouse series on CD (Dinosaurs Before Dark). He loved them so much, we started reading those in hardback instead. He also loved Stuart's Cape on audio book. Now we've moved on to more involved storylines like The Penderwicks and even Eragon (14 CDs on the last car trip).

Kids can tackle higher level vocabulary in audio cds than they can with first readers. It's a good way to expand their imagination and vocabulary without frustrating them.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

My 4 year old loves audio books and a current favourite is 'A Bear Called Paddington' read by Stephen Fry. It is a good family centred tale and Paddington is very lovable. I didn't realise that the 'Frog & Toad' stories were available as audio books. They are not at all well known in the UK but we love them.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home