MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Getting Housework Done with Little Feet

Kelly's post today at ThriftyMommy is titled, "Top 10 ways to get chores done while hanging out with your kids". She has some very practical and creative ideas for engaging kids in (and around) household chores.

Here are some more ideas that split up the workload in our house:

Dishwasher: my toddler puts up the kid's bowls/plates, my preschooler puts away the silverware, and I put away the rest. With all of us working, it's a 3-4 minute chore.

Laundry: my toddler helps me sort the laundry into piles, my preschooler sorts and matches socks, and I fold clothes as my toddler hands them to me.

Toys: we try to follow the rule of "one set of toys out per person". My preschooler has this down pat, but it's a battle to win the attention of my toddler.

Gardening: the kids fill up buckets to water plants, while I do the majority of watering with the hose.

Breakfast: my preschooler helps get a cold breakfast ready for his little brother, while I feed the baby. It sounds little, but it's a huge help!

All the little things add up, and they result in a better functioning home, more responsible children, and a more sane mom!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home