MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Stains are Driving Me Crazy!!

Red clay mud in the backyard
Baseball games in white uniform pants
2 crazy boys that like to explore
2 kids in diapers with poop-out potential
1 baby girl that gets baby food everywhere

We have a lot of stains in our house. I was thrilled to find OxiClean stain spray, which gets all our tough stains out, but it's so expensive! I've tried several generic stain sprays, but I haven't found anything that works. I need something quick & easy & inexpensive.

What stain remover and laundry detergent do you use?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hands down, I use $1 cleaner from Dollar General Store that mechanics use to wash their hands. No kidding. You can get it at Wal-mart, Target, Auto Care stores for a few more dollars. I have found the $1 container works so well. I had a very stubborn ink stain on our couch that would not come off with anything. This worked! We recieved a carseat/stroller combo with heavy stains. I washed twice with regular stain remover - soaked it. Nothing. I put this on, let it sit for a few minutes and it all looks new!

It takes out common stains, blood stains, ink stains and long standing stains!

SC

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know if you can get it in the U.S., but I use a product called NapiSan (it's a generic based on NapiSan). It was formulated for soaking cloth nappies, so it's pretty tough.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home