MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Who are the People in Your Neighborhood?
How many of your neighbors do you know by name? Do you know their occupations, their children’s names, or any of their favorite hobbies? Summer is a great time to get to know your neighbors, building friendships that can strengthen neighborhoods, provide opportunities to share the gospel, and fortify our faith.

How Can I Meet People?
*Host an Ice Cream or Popsicle Party
*Invite your neighbor’s children to Summer JAM Park
*Lead a Backyard Bible Club
*Start a July Fourth bicycle parade for the kids.
*Host a picnic at a local park or school
*Start a neighborhood 4x4 Supper Club
*Invite a neighbor friend to a summer Bible study
*Host a playgroup for same-age children
*Prepare a meal for a family in need
*Invite neighbors to a community group function
*Greet people as they walk or drive by your house
*Compliment neighbors on their yard work or home design

Other Tips
*Exchange phone numbers for emergency contact.
*Make a neighborhood map to chart all the families you meet.
*Offer to check mail, care for animals, or water plants during neighbor’s vacations.
*Start a neighborhood watch group.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home