MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hunter's Pancakes

My sister's family spent the night with us last night, and our 5 kids are happily running around the house. My brother-in-law treated us to his super yummy homemade pancakes. He even made Mickey Mouse pancakes for the kids! Here's the recipe:

1.25 cups all-purpose flour
1.25 cups buttermilk (if batter is too thick, add a little more after mixed together)
1/4 cup sugar
1t. vanilla
1t. baking soda
1t baking powder
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
Optional: 1T of brown sugar

Mix thoroughly and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Heat griddle to 325. Pour by 1/4 c onto griddle and let cook until bubbles form on surface and edges look slightly dry. Flip and cook for another minute. Serve with or without syrup.

Variations:
Sugar & spice: 1t cinnamon and 1t pumpkin pie spice
Blueberry: 1T blueberries on top of each pancake, then flip

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pancakes are my FAVORITE thing, especially smoothered in strawberries. I will have to try this recipe for sure!

sc

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home