MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sadness in the World of Technology

In my desire to be ever-so-efficient in spring chaos, I started a load of laundry when I put the kids in the bath last week. It wasn't until 20 minutes later, when I couldn't find my cell phone, that I realized that my 5yr old had my phone in his pocket on his way into the house. Indeed, my phone was bubbling up inside the washing machine. Very clean, and very not-working. Thankfully, our phone contract ends in 3 weeks, so I'll be getting another phone anyway. Very sad!

We're also going on 3 weeks with no daytime internet. Something is wrong with our desktop, so I've been jumping on my husband's work laptop to do my work/blogging/email in the evenings. As I type, he is in the other room, trying to work magic on a 'new' used computer. I'm crossing my fingers.

So I'm feeling a little disconnected from the world. I'm very addicted to the cell phone (it's been my primary phone for 6-7 years) and the computer!!! What would I have done 20 years ago???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so happen I accidently washed M's cell phone last Saturday. I was sure it was ruined. He just opened it up, let it all dry out, closed it back and it's working like knew. Maybe that will work.
We have an extra computer tower if you need to use one for a while.
See you soon
SC

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEW not KNEW....:)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home