MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, May 03, 2007


Play Stations - the anitiquated kind

*My internet hasn't been working this week, and it's still acting iffy. It may be a week of very few posts!*

Happy children = engaged children. Not necessarily 'busy' children, because we all need periods of quiet and rest. But if we can teach our little ones to keep their minds and bodies engaged in various projects, then they can learn to be self-entertained.

Of my two boys, I have one with a tendency to be aggressive and one with a tendency two whine. I've learned, when either 'sin struggle' starts to shadow their behavior, that I better be ready to help them find a new activity. Just like a growling tummy lets us know that we're hungry, sometimes sibling squabbles tell us that our kids are getting bored or restless.

So I try to keep a list of play stations in mind, so I can encourage the kids to play with different things throughout the day. You can make your own list, by walking around the house, looking at the various play activities in each room. Be sure to include the toys that are usually ignored by the children. Include a balance of toys that do and do not need adult supervision. Include outdoor and indoor activities. List messy and neat playtime fun. Then you'll be equipped to help your children play happily (and healthily) all day long.

On our list of play stations this week:

Paint Mother's Day cards for Grandparents
Draw thank you cards
Read
Puzzles
Trains
Games
Computer
Felt book
Animals
Riding toys
Swing
Blocks
Legos
Tinkertoys
Bath
Tent
Ramps for cars
Dance
Piano
Music makers

Happy playing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home