MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Free Decorating Magazines

Okay, it's not technically a decorating magazine, but really, it is. I love getting my Pottery Barn catalog in the mail. I can't ever afford anything from the catalog, but it's chocked full of ideas for home decorating. I love their classy style, and so much of it is do-able in a shabby-chic fashion.

My sister-in-law saw an issue last fall using a tobacco basket as a mantle decoration. I've been hunting for a large piece of art to hang above our living room sofa, so I was intrigued by the idea. My Dad grew up on a tobacco farm, so my family still has some of the baskets sitting in the barn. I really like family history, so I wanted to see more. I looked online for the picture, and I loved the look.

So now the tobacco basket is sitting in my garage. I've sprayed it down lightly with the hose, but I haven't started the detailed cleaning. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the task, but excited to see the results. With a crazy travel and entertaining schedule this month, I'm not sure when I'll start, but I'll keep you posted!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

That looks great--bold and graphic. I never knew those were tobacco baskets.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I bet that is going to look awesome. I can't wait to see what you did with it!!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home