MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ready for the Storm

I probably won't be blogging much this week, because I'll be taking care of 5 children ages 5 and under. My sister is going on a 10-year anniversary trip, so I'm watching her 2 boys. I've been doing everything I can to prepare for their arrival tonight:
  • Prepared and frozen PBJs for the boys (more on that later)
  • Set up the pack-n-play in our closet (more like a small room) for the baby
  • Installed blinds in our closet, so the baby doesn't wake up at dawn
  • Put away toys that cause a really big mess
  • Set up the inflatable sleeping bag for one nephew
  • Stocked up on groceries for the week
  • Prepared guest room for my mom, who will be helping me for part of the week
  • Outlined a menu of simple and healthy meals
  • Finished laundry for the weekend (though the bins will be full again by tomorrow!)
Still left to do:
  • Childproof the room where my nephews will be sleeping (It's already childproofed in the basic sense of the word, but my oldest nephew likes to explore every nook and cranny!)
  • Lower the crib rails, so my youngest nephew can borrow the babies crib
  • Welcome them into our home. :)

Pray for my energy and strength. Pray that the kids will be healthy and have happy hearts. Pray that we would make memories and have a great time together!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home