MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Toddler Indoor Fun

It helps me to keep a list of fun activities on hand, just in case it's rainy or too cold outside. Here are some things from our toddler list...

  • Give a piggie back ride
  • Have a splash party together in the bathtub
  • Host a musical playdate – guests bring a rattle, shaker, noisemaker, or favorite CD.
  • Fill old spice jars with colored sugar to pour into whatever you’re baking
  • Fingerpaint or make handprints with washable paint
  • Blow bubbles, or hold bubbles in front of the fan for a super bubble fest
  • Peek-a-Boo
  • Play "Horsey“
  • Put stickers on fingers to make finger puppets
  • Read a book – and add faces, noises, actions to the story
  • Sing together, while playing the piano or guitar
  • Play with stickers and stamps
  • Glue shapes from old magazines onto paper
  • Mirror each other with clapping, faces, movements…
  • Roll a ball or water bottle back and forth on the floor
  • Build a tower with canned or boxed food
  • Read books together in a fort

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ChickenMama said...

I have a fun one to share. Get a medium size Tupperware bowl, put a small (but safe-sized) toy and water in it. Freeze.

At bath time, pop out the ice cube toy and put in tub. Kids love to watch and figure out how to get the toy.

Laura
(I finally figured out my Blogger password again. :-) )

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thinking of you this week. Hope all is going well with five under five!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home