MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Picnic Dinners?

My oldest son is playing baseball, and his practices/games often fall during the dinner hour. I've had to get creative about portable dinners for our family. Amy's recent post at the Aldi Queen reminded me about a great pasta salad recipe we had at last week's game:

1 16oz. package rotini
½ bottle light Italian dressing
1 green pepper, chopped
2 dozen pepperoni slices, quartered
4 chicken breasts, diced
8oz cheddar cheese, cubed

Cook pasta according to package directions, and cool completely.

Combine all ingredients, and voila, you have an easy picnic dinner. This keeps well for leftovers, though it sometimes needs a little more dressing to freshen it up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home