MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Color Your Home Green by Tara Brown


You can hardly turn on the T.V. or pick up a newspaper without seeing another mention of ‘going green’. The environment is a hot topic and people are beginning to embrace the idea of safer more environmentally friendly products for their health and home.

A 2003 study done by Mount Sinai School of Medicine found an average of 167 chemicals in the bodies of volunteers. Of those chemicals, 76 cause cancer in humans/animals, 94 are toxic to the brain and nervous system and 79 cause birth defects or abnormal development.

In addition, according to the EPA, most homes have 2-5 times higher concentration of hazardous chemicals indoors than outdoors due to numerous cleaning and personal care products and stay at home moms are 54% more likely ( according to a 15 year study) to contract cancer than those working outside of the home b/c of continued exposure to harmful chemicals.

If the products we use to wash our dishes, clothes, hair, body, floors, counter tops have toxic chemicals in them, then as we eat off of those dishes, touch those surfaces, wear those clothes etc., our bodies are absorbing those chemicals.

Find out about possible chemicals in your home or look at the line of “green” products available for healthy homes. You can also call me for more information at 615-330-8575.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home