MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Kids and Eyeglasses

None of my children need eyeglasses (yet!), but a friend told me about a wonderful middle TN resource for families with children needing glasses. The Vanderbilt Optical Center carries a wide variety of children's glasses at prices that are covered by most insurance policies. Their packages include the frame, lightweight shatter-resistant lenses, scratch guard, 100% ultra violet protection and a 2 year warranty. The 2-year warranty is what I loved. My friend's daughter got her first pair of glasses at 14 months old. Even with careful supervision, she has gone through a dozen pairs of glasses in just over a year. Every single new pair was covered by the warranty!!!! If you know of a child in middle TN that needs glasses, this is a great resource to share!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As the mom of a daughter who got glasses at 6 months old, may I say "Amen" to that. I think we managed to keep most of hers for a year, but they are expensive.

Another resource I can recommend (for preschool sizes--I don't think that they carry them for infants) is Costco. The frames and lenses cost less than $70. At other places the lenses alone cost more than that.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home