MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wipe Out!

I've had a little trouble getting to the YMCA this month. I've kept active everyday, by walking around the neighborhood with the kids - my eldest son riding his bike, while I push the little bits in the double stroller. That's good exercise, but I needed a little extra 'umph' yesterday.

So we pulled out "Daddy's music" (AKA loud music), and started dancing. First we played the Beach Boys' song "Wipe Out" and we did lunges and squats in surf style. Then we did some crazy kick-boxing to the Matrix soundtrack. Then I started giving the kids "airplane" rides with their bellies on my feet in the air. My 30lb son is easy to fly, but my 55lb son is a tough workout! My baby girl thought it was hysterical to watch all the commotion. :)

It inspired me to be creative with staying strong and healthy - and having fun with the kids at the same time!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

You're better than I have been--haven't bee to the gym since my kids got out of school. I'm ready for school to start so I can get active again.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home