MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tomato Bruschetta (Real Simple Magazine)

My friend Mary made this super-yummy bruschetta last night. If you have garden tomatoes, you should definitely try this recipe:

Slice a loaf of crusty bread at an angle. Brush it with olive oil on both sides, then broil each side for one minute.

Pull out of the oven and top with yummy topping, which includes:
2 tablespoons oil oil
6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and diced
6 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano or basil, torn (I did a tablespoon of each)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes. I can vouch for this recipe. Quite delicious.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home