MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Baking Worries Away

It's been a tough two days for our extended family (heart surgery, foot surgery, miscarriage, breast cyst, flights across country, and plain old colds). So today, as I await news on mom's heart surgery, I'm baking my worries away.

Great Grandma Betty's Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened ahead of time
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

  1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
  2. Beat sugar into softened butter with a mixer. Add brown sugar, vanilla and eggs, beating the mixture after each ingredient is added.
  3. Gradually add in flour mixture, and beat thoroughly.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and whatever.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
  6. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

Oops! My husband laughs at me, because I tend to get ditzy and forgetful when I'm stressed. I did it with the cookies - putting one stick of butter (1/2 cup) in the mix, instead of 1 cup (2 sticks). Oh well, I added some crisco to the remaining batter, so we'll see how they turn out. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? Ands baking is definitely cheaper than therapy!

Afterthought: the "lite" cookies are actually still good. They're not as buttery yummy, but they're still good for a chocolate fix. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home