MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Meals for New Moms - and a great dish to add!
There is no better gift for a new mom than a meal for her family. I was always so blessed when a friend would bring a meal during those first few months of adjusting to a little one. One of my friends, Tricia, brought me this delightful carrot souffle when my 2nd child was born 3 years ago. I hate cooked carrots, so I didn't try it the first night. I took a tiny bite when I was cleaning up the dishes, and fell in love with the dish. These carrots are divine - great for a potluck supper, a holiday meal, or a meal for a new mom. And we're having them for dinner tonight. Thank you Tricia!!

Carrot soufflé
Serves 8

1 lb carrots peeled & sliced (I use canned carrots, drained)
salt to taste
½ c butter
½ c sugar
1t baking powder
3T flour
3 eggs
1t vanilla extract

Cook carrots in salt and water ‘til tender. Combine carrots with butter in food processor or blender ‘til smooth. Combine other ingredients with carrots. Put in baking dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home