MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bracelets with a Story

Sorry about the silence this month. I'm working on the deadline for turning in my next book, and I've been completely overwhelmed with life. Oh, how crazy some life seasons can be!!

My friend Shannon showed me a beautiful beaded bracelet a few months ago. The bracelet was made by a 7 year old boy, Barrett, who is making bracelets in order to raise money to join his parents on their trip to Russia to adopt a baby brother. Barrett's aunt goes to my church, so I bought a bracelet this morning. They are only $10 (child size bracelets are $5), and I love telling the story about the bracelet. I love entrepreneurial stories, especially when they involve children and good deeds.

This is a picture from Barrett's family website. You can read more about his story and find ordering information there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home