MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Favorite Christmas Gift

One of my favorite Christmas gifts was from my brother's family. It was simply a card from Samaritan's Purse card. The inside read:

"A gift was given in your honor for children in crisis: compassionate aid to fight exploitation, bondage and abuse. This gift enables Samaritan's Purse to sponsor Christ-centered programs to assist, protect, rescue, and rehabilitate child soldiers, exploited girls, and other young people vulnerable to human trafficking."

The Samaritan's Purse gift catalog has hundreds of choices like this one - helping to treat malaria, provide clean water, giving Christian books to children, building playgrounds or offering job skills training. It's a great gift for the person who has everything. And it's a great gift that your children can help select for other children and families in need.

I'll definitely try to remember this for next year!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home