MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Nurturing Boys: Parenting Class
Led by David Thomas

I strongly recommend being a part of this class or reading David's practical & light-hearted parenting/marriage books. He is incredibly wise and compassionate, a father and a counselor. You will be stronger for knowing him in person or through his resources. Here's his promo on the Nurturing Boys Parenting classes in middle Tennessee:

Webster defines nurturing as the act of “training, upbringing, educating... to further the development of.” As people who care for boys, how do we train, educate and further them while they are in the midst of developmental challenges, relational struggle and a culture of conflict. The class is designed for parents, educators, coaches, mentors and anyone who wants to better understand a boy.

I. The Biology of Boys: Who They Are
II. The Heart of Boys: What They Need
III. The Mind of Boys: How They Learn
IV. The Mystery of Boys: What They Want

February 25, March 3 and 10, 2008 at West End Community Church
9:30 – 11:30am

April 2, 9, 16, 2008 at Fellowship Bible Church
6:30-8:30 pm

October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and November 5, 2008
6:30-7:30 pm at Covenant Presbyterian Church

Cost: $75.00 for individual/$125.00 for couple for three-week class
Please call the Daystar office to register at 298-5353.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home