MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beef Enchilada Casserole

My DH's patient shared this recipe with us – it's an easy make-ahead dish that serves 6-8 people. It's also an easy dish to freeze or double to share with another family.

1-1.5lbs of ground lean beef
1 lg onion, diced
4oz can green chiles
1t garlic powder
1 pkg taco seasoning
¼ c water
2 8oz cans red enchilada sauce (divided)
2.5 c grated colbyjack cheese (divided)
12-15 6” flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350

Brown beef and onion in a large skillet. Add chiles, garlic powder, taco seasoning and water. Add 1 can enchilada sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Add one cup cheese (not all of the cheese) and heat ‘til melted. Remove from heat.

Take flour tortillas and spoon mixture from skillet into tortilla and roll. Place them seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Keep adding rolled tortillas until the pan is full. Pour remaining meat sauce and the additional can of enchilada sauce over top the tortillas. Add remaining cheese on top and bake 20min until cheese is golden brown.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home