MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Birthday Weekend full of Surprises

Today was my 3 year old daughter's birthday. I can't believe she's three!!! We had grand plans for the weekend, including soccer, a nephew's birthday party, weekend babysitting for friends, and my daughter's party with a few families. All of that came to a halt when my two of my kids (the birthday girl and her 7 year old brother) were diagnosed with swine flu Friday. The doctor gently informed me that our kids needed to be pretty much quarantined for nearly a week. Ugh!

Thanks to catching the flu quickly and medicine, we're doing fine. The kids are feeling much better, and we still had a great birthday celebration.

We started out the day by lighting a 'candle cake' at breakfast and singing to the birthday girl. Then we opened gifts about 10am, so the kids could play with the gifts before lunchtime. After rest/nap time, we celebrated with pink birthday cake frosted with a little princess on top. Then we had her favorite spaghetti dinner before popcorn and a movie night. It was a great family day that we all enjoyed - even without leaving the house.

While on the subject of birthdays, I wanted to share an article from my friend Aimee. "Simplified and Splendified" is full of simple ways her family has decided to celebrate birthdays. She is a whimsical, practical, creative and very loving mom - I think you'll enjoy reading her ideas.

Blessings,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home