MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Art to tell the REAL meaning of Easter

I spent the morning doing arts & crafts with my 3 and 5yr old. We were cutting/pasting Easter bunnies and eggs. Then we drew pictures about the real meaning of Easter - it's such an easy way to tell the gospel story!

You can use these easy pictures to tell the story, or add in your own pictures to go into deeper detail.

Write the word God
draw 2 stick people to represent Adam & Eve
a red heart represents clean hearts
a tree for the garden
a snake
an apple
a black heart to represent sin
baby Jesus in a manger
a cross
write Jesus is Alive
a star to represent heaven
then I drew stick figures of each child with a red heart, representing Jesus' desire to live in their hearts.

(**Don't worry about your art skills - your kids will love your stick figures and your attempts at drawing. It's the gospel story that matters!)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home