MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time to Make a Pie

My husband will be thrilled to know that January 23rd is national "Make a Pie Day". You see, he grew up in a pie-making family and I grew up in a cake-baking family, so I'm still struggling to learn how to make him pies!!!

FamilyFun.com has lots of recipes for families to try making, so maybe they'll be easy. Here's a sampling of their many suggestions:

Chocolate Chess Pie
Swedish Apple Pie
Classic Apple Pie
Retro Peanut Butter Pie
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Pumpkin Ice-cream Pie (I have a friend who makes this & it's so yummy!!)
Spiral Apple Tart

Of course you can also look at www.allrecipes.com, where you can see readers reviews on all the recipes. I like to choose the recipes with 4.5-5 stars, so I know it's a pretty fool-proof experiment!

So will you be making pie this week?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home