MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Striving for Godly Families.

I stumbled upon the Duggar Family's website tonight, while searching through some of Angie's favorite websites. I like this grid of character qualities that they follow, and I also like their House Guidelines. Both would be interesting tools to adapt for our own families! They also have a good list of web resources that they suggest for raising families of faith.

I also thought I would share their answer to the question, "What are your top five best parenting tips? (For parents with families of all sizes.)" that I found on their site:
  1. Teach our children to love God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength, and memorize God’s word together as a family.
  2. Teach them to have a servant’s heart, leading by your example. Love your neighbor as yourself.
  3. Daily read the Proverb of the Day that corresponds with the day of the month and discuss it as a family.
  4. Diligently keep up with each child’s attitudes and actions and ask what is going on in their heart.
  5. Pray with them one on one letting them lead in prayer and then you closing the prayer time together.
  6. Ask God to help you conquer anger because it can destroy your relationship with your children.
  7. Praise them ten times more than you correct them.
It's so fun to learn from other families!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home