MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Simple Art to tell the REAL meaning of Easter - part 2

Get two pieces of construction paper. Draw a big cross on each one.

On the first picture, let your child draw a stick figure on the cross to represent Jesus. Talk about how Jesus lived a sinless life, then died on the cross to pay for our sins. Across the top of the page, write "Jesus died for our sins."

On the second picture, let your child draw (or color) a heart on the cross to symbolize God's great love for us. Write "Jesus is Alive" across the top of the paper.

Talk about how Jesus is alive and he wants to live in our hearts. When we invite him to live in our hearts & ask him to forgive our sins, he will give us clean hearts that can be friends with Jesus.

Hang the pictures up to remind your family about the real meaning of Easter - and God's great love for us.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home