MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

We had 6 kiddos in the house this morning, all bustling with energy.  One of the 6 year olds came bounding up to me, saying "It's sunny outside, let's have a scavenger hunt!".  So I created a list for them, and they headed outside armed with binoculars and a pencil to check off items found.  I thought I'd share it with you, in case you wanted some ideas for creating your own simple scavenger hunt!

something to scoop with
something with bark
something that grows
something that sinks
something soft
something sticky
something hard
something that smells good
something animals eat
something that is loud
something red

My 4-year old came in a little while later, wanting to do her own scavenger hunt.  So I drew simple pictures of a leaf, a shovel, a flower, a rock and a bucket.  I wrote the words beside the pictures and we talked about what each picture represented.  Then off she went on her little hunt.

Such fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home