MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Refuge on Crescent Hill - Book Review

I just finished reading Refuge on Crescent Hill,  by Melanie Dobson.  It is a captivating tale of faith, family, service, mystery and suspense.
In regards to faith, characters wrestle with salvation, grace, fear, forgiveness, and mission.  The characters are easy to relate to, and the simple messages of faith easily slip into your conscience to influence thinking and actions for good.
The mystery is the search for family jewels, slaves in the Underground Railway, strangers snooping in the mansion, and secret life missions.
Helping others is a theme throughout the book – from police officers helping on and off the clock, to documenting historical records, to preserving history, to helping women in crisis; the book subtly reminds readers of our calling and duty to help others.
It only took me a few days to read it, because I didn’t want to put the book down.  It’s an inspirational, thoughtful, and light-hearted read that readers will enjoy!  WIth so many real-life situations throughout the book, it would also be a great book for a book club to explore

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Dobson said...

Thanks so much for your review, Ann! I'm really glad you enjoyed the story.

Blessings,

~Melanie Dobson

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home