MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Parenting with Scripture - Filling Children's Minds with God's Truth


Have you read Parenting With Scripture: A Topical Guide for Teachable Moments by Kara G. Durbin .  It's power-packed with great scriptures and application ideas for your family.  I started using this book when my kids were 3ish, and I'm still using it with my oldest child who is 10.

This week, I decided to start putting a scripture on our chalkboard each week.  I think we'll use it as our focus verse - trying to memorize it and put it into action each day.  This week is a 1 Thessalonians verse about 'no paybacks' and 'being kind'.   We'll need a lot of practice on this one...

It's $11 on amazon, and you will definitely get double that amount of wisdom out of this little book!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home