MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Overcoming Fear

Fear defined too many years of my life, and I've seen fear paralyze too many women.  Here are some scriptures to meditate on when you struggle with fear.  Share them with other women who you know struggle with fear.  Be a LIGHT of hope and promise that helps to stamp out the darkness created by fear!

The Lord says, “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”  (Isaiah 43:1-5) 
Because you are with us, we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"  (Hebrews 13:6)

Therefore, “Let your mind be controlled by the truth of the gospel when fear threatens to control you instead.” (Arlin Troyer)  Dwell in your sanctuary with your Father:  meditate on his promises and pray diligently for the Lord to overcome your struggle with fear. 
Do you have favorite scriptures that you cling to in order to overcome fear?  I'd love to hear them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home