MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Map Puzzle Game



We created a new map game today, and I thought you might like to try it to.  Get a map of the USA (or any country, for that matter).  Take turns giving each other clues to guess which state you are describing.

For example, my 8-year old gave the clue NAORI.
The answer?
Nevada, Arkansas, Oregon, and Rhode Island

My 11-year old gave the clue: GVURF
The answer?
Georgia, Vermont, Utah, Kansas, and Florida

My daughter challenged her brother to find her initials (AKS) twice on the map.
The answer?
Kansas and Arkansas

Finally, we asked our son Daniel to find his name in one of the states.
The answer?
Rhode Island

The 5 kids had a blast playing for 30 minutes!

Have fun learning,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home