MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kids Shopping at Christmas Time

We have a Christmas shopping tradition in our family, where the kids draw names and shop for each other.  We go to a bargain store like Dollar Tree, Dollar General or Walmart.  I give the kids a budget - usually $5-10.  We walk around the store together, considering our options and letting each child share what they like.  Then we split up and pick out items for each other.  The kids tell me their final choices and I give them money to go purchase the items.  They sneak their shopping bags home and wrap gifts for their sibling.  They are gleeful with anticipation to give gifts to one another, and we love watching them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home