MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Homemade Pesto Sauce.

My 12-year old son & I just made pesto from the basil in our garden.  It's so easy to make, and it's so good on sandwiches, pastas, and pizzas.  If you have basil, you should definitely try to make some!

Pesto Sauce


1 cup walnuts

8-9 cloves fresh garlic, minced

3 cups fresh basil

.5 tsp. kosher salt and black pepper

1/2 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese

 
Put everything into the blender (or food processor) except the cheese and pulse ‘til smooth. Then add the cheese.  I usually scrape the pesto back into the cheese container to freeze it for a large meal. Or freeze the mixture in ice cube trays and you can use what you need!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home