MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, June 06, 2014

What's for Dinner: Barbacoa Beef (copycat recipe from chipotle)


(serves 12 people)

4 chipotle peppers + adobe sauce from a can
1 bunch cilantro
1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 head garlic, peeled and cloves smashed
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 tablespoon kosher salt
8 tsp lime juice from bottle
1/2 cup cider vinegar
5 dry bay leaves

5 to 7 pounds beef brisket or roast
4 to 6 cups beef broth


Blend most ingredients in blender: chipotle peppers and sauce, cilantro, red onion, garlic, clove, salt, lime juice, and cider vinegar.  Pour into crockpot over the beef.  Add beef broth and bay leaves on top of meat.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Take out the bay leaves, shred the beef, then let it sit on warm for 6 to 8 hours. Drain excess liquid off top (leave enough liquid to keep the meat juicy).

Serve rolled up in tortillas with basmati rice on the side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home