MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Teaching the Art of Friendship


With 3 kids plus many extra kids in the house each day, we are constantly practicing the art of friendship.  And boy, is it hard to teach!  We sat down together to talk about different aspects of friendship.  I asked each child to tell me a few practices that contribute to strong friendships.  We talked about each one, so everyone clearly understood each practice.  Then I created a friendship pact for us to post on the wall.  When the kids struggle with a friendship practice, we can visit the friendship pact and talk about what we need to work on.  I love having the visual reminder of the kind of friend we each want to be.  Now if I just had a magic wand to make the friendship magic happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home